Our estate was founded in the year 1380 for the Kartause “Aggsbach”, a little village near Melk. Hence, the name of our winery is “Kartaeuserhof” ...

In 1862 the family Stierschneider aquired the “Kartaeuserhof”. Within three generations the business increased to a productions size about 100 000 bottles a year.

The vineyards are located in the south exposed terraces of Rieden Achleiten, Klaus, Weitenberg, Hinterkirchen, Steinriegl and Pichl-Point.